Employer: UnitedHealth Group
- UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think.
- Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
- People say change is hard. We say so what? We’re in the business of making health care more affordable, simpler and easier for people to access. And we need really smart business professionals who can help us.
- As a Business Process Consultant, you’ll design processes and project implementations and diagnose process improvement opportunities as you develop innovative solutions that will affect millions. If that sounds energizing to you, join us today.
- This Business Process Consultant position is responsible for the coordination and completion of projects for transactional communications across the enterprise.
- This role is the subject matter expert in areas including project scope, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise and may manage vendor and service providers to define project scope and performance expectations.
- The Business Process Consultant will champion scheduling and/or prioritization of work efforts for the business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for the successful completion of projects across various functional areas
- Ensure projects are completed on time and in scope through the deployment of project management techniques including project scope definition, risk identification and mitigation, project methodology selection, resource allocation, and facilitation with direct mentoring
- Work with business leaders and process owners in the planning and design of key projects to define project scope and accomplish expected deliverables
- Make presentations to management on project status, project approach, and expected results
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Identify solutions to complex requests and problems
- Serve as a resource for others with less experience; provide explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent education and experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, competing deadlines and ongoing projects
- Experience managing multiple, remote internal and external partners with competing priorities
- Proven track record of innovative problem-solving and tenacity
- Demonstrated ability to escalate, triage and communicate rapid changes to project plans to multiple stakeholder throughout a highly-matrixed organization
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Proven track record of successful and effective problem solving
- Proven track record of successful project management and requirements development
- Proficient with all MS office applications
- Advanced proficiency of Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Added advantage on VBA, SQL, Oracle, Access
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze data and report to leadership
- Self-Directed Work Ability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- AGILE project training/experience
- Transactional letter template/print trail experience â€“ fundamental understanding of print/communication process
- Demonstrated success in managing critical projects