Employer: Elevate K-12
Who is Elevate K-12:
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are flexible, we are fun, and we are the future of the classroom!
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teachers are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission.
Who You Are:
As an Elevate K-12 Substitute Teacher, you have a unique opportunity to ensure that students do not have interruptions to learning, even if their teacher has to be out of the classroom. You will step in with content already prepared for you, to teach students across the United States. You will have the flexibility to work fully remote around your schedule, part-time. This is your opportunity to join the Elevate K-12 teacher network.
We are currently looking for a Substitute Teacher with a passion for teaching students and impacting outcomes. This is a remote position that is for a grade level 6th or higher (preferably secondary).
- Teach students virtually part-time during regular school hours, in place of their regular teacher
- Teach grades 6-12
- Provide high-quality instruction live instruction
- Be flexible with timing and last minute notice as classes need substitute teachers
- Engage with students with in dynamic classroom environment using Elevate K-12 prepared content
- Collaborate effectively with Elevate K-12 team members to improve student outcomes
- Design your schedule to impact student learning and maximize your time
- 1099 Independent Contract
What you will need:
- Availability of 10+ hours Monday-Friday between 8am-6pm EST
- Flexibility in teaching content area not familiar with but able to jump in and learn
- Active teaching certificate
- Past experience working with students at the middle or high school level
- An engaging personality
- Passion for helping K-12 students
Why be a part of the movement at Elevate K-12?
- No lunch duty or classroom management – A paraprofessional will be assigned to you to help with grading and parent-teacher communication
- You focus on your teaching craft – We take care of the curriculum
- Live your passion & help kids find theirs
- You will build relationships with your students everyday – Never miss a “light bulb” moment
- Our teachers care about their students, each other and our mission to bring Equity to Education
Teacher Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation – $20/hour
- Ultimate work-life balance
- Professional development and training
- College tuition discounts
- Virtual social hours
- 100% remote: Ditch the commute and swap your dress shoes for slippers!