Bustle Digital Group is seeking a part-time Social Media Assistant to join our Culture & Innovation team, working specifically on Inverse, the internet’s coolest place to get smarter.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, capable of juggling many tasks, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The Social Media Assistant will work closely with Inverse’s Social Media Strategist, and be responsible for writing social copy, scheduling posts, and sometimes running analytics reports for both brands on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Other responsibilities may include helping to oversee social voice and strategy, social partnerships, creating original social content for our various channels, and working with the larger BDG social team on cross-brand initiatives.
Applicants should have a passion for science, tech, gaming, entertainment and internet culture; have familiarity with leading social platforms (specifically Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook); and possess strong communication skills. A great work ethic, ability to take initiative and a deep understanding of Inverse’s voice are a must.
- Execute day-to-day posting and scheduling for Inverse on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages
- Regularly pitch new, innovative social concepts and ideas
- Use analytic tools to track growth and success across social channels
- 1-2 years experience working in social media
- Ability to write optimized, smart social copy
- Thorough understanding of Inverse’s voice and a passion for using social platforms to reach audiences in innovative ways
- Ability to identify and apply emerging, on-brand trends to social strategy
- Advanced knowledge in consumer tech
- Some night and weekend availability required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to alter workflow with a sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication skills