This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for billing functions and payer guidelines, with a focus on PBM billing
- Mentor to other staff members by providing guidance and support
- Evaluate accounts for correctness to ensure they are billed appropriately and transmitted on a timely basis
- Assists with payer projects
- Creates invoices that are accurately generated and submitted on a timely basis
- Identifies any trends or billing inaccuracies with investigation and resolution, escalating to Supervisor/Manager when assistance is needed
- Completes account reviews/correction requests submitted by other departments within established turnaround times
- Adheres to Regulatory / Payor Guidelines and policies & procedures
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
Will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the billing team, with a focus on PBM billing. Responsibilities include daily billing/creating invoices as well as being responsible for level 2 or above tasks.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of Home Infusion Accounts Receivable and/or Billing experience
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size)
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service