Are you looking for great position with benefits? Check out Unum they are hiring.
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum’s financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum’s three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum also has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, – and over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
Looking for a company where you can make an impact? As a Customer Service Representative you will be the first point of contact for our inbound customers calls and a direct representation of our brand. You will have the rewarding job of creating exceptional customer experiences; ensure information is accurate; and operate with empathy and integrity.
This role provides a strong foothold into an organization and company with multiple career paths and the environment to be your best you here.
To learn more about a day in the life of a Customer Service Representative at Unum, watch this video!
What we offer?
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits available on the first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Plan along with 401K matching to help you plan for your retirement
- Paid Time Off, holiday and leave programs
- Flexible Breaks
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee assistance programs
- Business casual dress code
- Volunteer opportunities
- Employee resource groups with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion
Training and development: We will provide you with in-depth knowledge of our products and a strong base for launching your career with Unum. Our Customer Service Representative multi-level career path means you will be recognized and promoted as you achieve specific milestones. Other career opportunities include:
- Monthly development time and ongoing training
- Multi-level CSR Career ladder that includes advancement within the role, mentoring, quality auditing, training, process improvement and opportunity for leadership roles within the department
What we expect from you:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Respond to customer inquiries with timely and accurate information.
• Utilize resources and tools to accurately respond to customer inquiries.
• Meet the expectations of the quality/productivity standards to ensure privacy of our customers.
• Demonstrate a passion for the values outlined in the We are Unum value statements.
• Successful completion of Contact Center training program, including demonstrating on phone proficiency and passing required knowledge checks.
• Understand and strive to meet or exceed daily productivity goals while providing excellent and consistent customer service.
• Ability to work an assigned shift between the hours of 8am-8pm (ET), Monday through Friday.
• Reliable attendance in accordance with Contact Center attendance guidelines.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required (college degree is a plus).
• Demonstrated customer service experience and/or experience in a customer service-oriented environment.
• Experience in a similar role within Customer Service and/or retail, service industry, hospitality is a plus.
• Strong customer service orientation with demonstrated commitment to meet customer needs.
• Solid verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, structured environment, handling large call volumes.
• Computer proficiency (familiarity with Microsoft systems, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and ability to work in multiple systems and applications is essential.
• Self-directed with the ability to perform both as part of team and individually.
• Ability to adapt and work effectively in a continuously changing environment.
• Consistently demonstrate a high level of professionalism through a strong work ethic and commitment to creating a positive customer experience.
• Detail oriented with a focus on quality and consistently meeting daily productivity goals.
• Professional accountability and ability to maintain reliable and predictable attendance.
Requirements for remote workers:
- Must be located in Eastern and Central Standard Time Zones.
- Internet Connection must be reliable, consistent quality with speed of 25 MB download/5MB upload. DSL is not an approved internet connection for this position.
- A separate, quiet dedicated work space must be established at remote site for the purpose of performing work duties. This area must be maintained in a safe condition, free from all hazards.