Our Reimbursement Coordinator will perform billing and collections for our Hospice clients while mastering the software platform that your client(s) uses. As an RC you will be expected to think outside of the box in solving Hospice reimbursement problems and assist with analyzing trends, identifying payer issues, and month-end processes.
A Day in the Life!
- Develop knowledge for billing systems and clearinghouses for electronic billing.
- Obtain billing information in the client’s software and generate monthly claims.
- Submit claims to insurance companies in a timely fashion and within the individual insurance company’s timely filing period.
- Prepare and/or print all secondary claims that do not automatically cross over from Medicare or other primary payer.
- Follow up on patient balances within established timeframes.
- Obtain claim’s status by calling the payer and/or using an online payer portal.
- Utilize reports to determine tasks that require follow up.
- Take appropriate action for escalating claims not paid within 60 days or for denied appeals.
- Prepare write-off request when bad debt is identified. Document description of the reason for the write-off.
- Research claim payments, partial payments, over payments.
- Prepare weekly cash collection report and submit to client.
- Working knowledge of remittance advice and cash posting.
- Understanding of regulatory and compliance issues that relate to RCS for Hospice billing.
- Coordinate sequential billing with other hospices via phone.
- Establish and maintain business relationships via telephone and email contact.
- Host a monthly call with each client to review open AR and financial reports.
- Coordinate a high volume of claims activity across multiple systems/agencies.
- Assist other department members as necessary.
- Responsibilities may necessitate flexibility in working hours. Have the willingness and ability to fill in for an employee that is out unexpectedly or as directed by Supervisor or Manager.
Do you have what it takes?
- Working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Zoom and Microsoft Office
- High school diploma required
- Hospice billing/collection experience
- Some college education
- Billing and/or collections or insurance claims processing
- Experience with the WellSky Hospice and Palliative software (formerly known as Consolo)