Employer: UnitedHealth Group
This position is for a Data Analyst to work within the Capitation Operation Team in Optum Global Operations. The person in this role will be part of the Capitation Business Planning Team to support reporting and data requirements for internal and external customers.
Primary responsibilities include working and automating all current analytic processes and reports that we currently own and creating reports and visualization dashboards as requested. They will also provide quality assurance and documentation, and business process improvements.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Automate existing analytic databases and reports using SQL, Python, Powershell, SSIS, Tableau, and/or other programing applications
- Responsibilities include the ability to not only maintain existing complex code, but to also create/add/modify additional functionality and programs which includes (but is not limited to) working with data extracted from multiple UnitedHealthcare system sources for statistical metric report generation. Create value-added and actionable analytic solutions that Optum leaders can use to drive operational performance
- Responsibilities also include collaborate with other team member to deliver actionable data and report to drive improved business performance. Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience with Data mining using appropriate tools and systems/Data Visualization/Dashboard tools; with ability to produce trend reports, research and explain variances
- Intermediate level proficiency in SQL
- Intermediate level proficiency in SAS
- Beginner to Intermediate level proficiency in Powershell
- Beginner to Intermediate level proficiency in Tableau
- Beginner to Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel and Access
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or Health Administration or related field
- 2+ years of Healthcare experience
- Intermediate level proficiency in Oracle
- Intermediate level proficiency in SSRS
- Intermediate level proficiency in SSIS
- Intermediate level proficiency in Python