Employer: Arm Treasure Data
Treasure Data is seeking an experienced, motivated individual to join our company as a Payroll Specialist. As part of our team, you will coordinate all payroll activities, and use your expertise in payroll processes to ensure accurate and timely disbursals, accurate recording of key information, and frequent internal audits to ensure reporting accuracy. Our ideal candidate has at least an FPC certification, or minimum of three years in payroll related skills. You should be familiar with standard payroll software and processes as well as possess excellent attention to detail and organizational skills. This role will also support the international payroll team as needed, providing learning and growth opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all payroll processes for US and Canada.
- Assist on International payrolls as needed.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to employee data.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, benefits, finance, vendors and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports).
- Maintains data integrity between the HR and payroll platforms.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, and wage and hour laws.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Work with the Accounting team to reconcile the GL.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Documents and updates payroll manual, processes and procedures for training.
- Providing informational updates to employees and answering employee questions about payroll related matters.
- Performs other duties requested and assigned to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Company.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Base knowledge of applicable Federal and State HR/Payroll Laws (FMLA, FLSA, e.g.) and IRS regulations that impact payroll.
- Multistate processing experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problemsolving skills.
- Able to determine priority of daily activities and achieve results.
- Stay current on regulatory and policy changes impacting payroll processing cycles and ensure work is done in accordance with the SOX guidelines set for the department.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Proficient with payroll software; experience with CloudPay software preferred.
- Selfmotivated, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative, and responsible.
- Must be detail oriented and comfortable working in a fastpaced and rapidly changing environment.
- High energy, focus, work ethic, motivation and commitment to lifelong learning and growth.
Requirements and Qualifications
- FPC (strongly preferred).
- Three years prior experience in a payroll department.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work fully remote, sit for extended periods of time, and work varying hours to accommodate deadlines as necessary.