Conducts marketing campaigns to acquire, convert, and retain enrolled Medicare and commercial patients, and conducts marketing events to increase awareness of Optum to retain and build the company’s patient base and achieve measurable results for overall business and superior medical outcome objectives.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care, and concern with each internal and external customer.
- Supports the execution of regional and site-based outreach programs targeted to Medicare Advantage patients.
- Plans, coordinates and participates in telephone and mail campaigns, health fairs, open enrollments, community-based activities, site-based events, and other field marketing activities/events; at times, these events can take place on weekends or holidays.
- Collaborates with Regional and Site Accountable Teams to identify and develop new programs to improve marketing efficiencies, to support business development, and help achieve clinical outcome objectives.
- Collects and forwards leads to the appropriate parties and inputs leads into the designated tracking and monitoring systems, supports in the follow-up of “hot leads” whenever necessary.
- Collaborates with Regional and Central Teams to identify and develop new programs to improve patients’ engagement in their wellness.
- Maintains good collaborative working relationships with Optum site administrators, Contracted Providers and staff, community centers, and vendors.
- Updates data in the various departmental tracking systems, decision support systems, and other reporting mechanisms in a timely manner and reviews the Events Calendar on a regular basis in department staff meetings.
- Stays well informed about all Optum internal service changes to ensure accurate promotion to all key customers.
- Stays well informed about the healthcare industry in the Southern California market including health plans and hospitals, Medicare programs, and the senior and multi-cultural populations.
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
- Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years of experience.
- Over 2 years of customer service experience.
- Multi-line telephone experience.
- Healthcare industry experience in a provider or payor setting.
- Experience in marketing and sales support.
- Experience with senior and multi-cultural populations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Computer literate including familiarity with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel).
- Ability to work in rotating shifts.
- Service-oriented and culturally sensitive.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate active listening skills.
- Excellent telephone skills and telephone etiquette.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and task-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Self-motivated and team player.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Chinese (verbal and written) preferred.