Verto is on a mission to provide the best possible start to college. We start by making travel and experiential education a core part of every student’s Freshman year. Our students begin college overseas in one of 5 Verto locations, before seamlessly transferring to one of over 70 partner universities in the United States. While completing 1 or 2 semesters with Verto, students become more mature, empathetic global citizens who have a greater sense of purpose and direction for their lives.
At Verto, we’re creating a different model. We’re driving the costs down and acceptance rates up. We connect students to the world and give them a chance to discover who they are before making them choose a major. We’re out to build a transformational company that makes higher education more accessible and impactful. We are backed by First Round Capital and other top VCs.
At Verto Education we value voices of all backgrounds and experiences. We know that creating a diverse environment takes dedication and intentional hiring practices. We are cognizant of the gap between our current state and our commitments. In order to bridge that gap, we have to humbly evaluate where we are today.
The marketing team supports Verto’s mission by making more students, families, and educators aware of, and enthusiastic about, the opportunity to start college with Verto. The team is responsible for attracting high-quality candidates for Verto semesters and communicating promotional, admissions-related, and logistical information with students from introduction to departure. Our scope of work spans the Verto website, social media, paid advertising, email and text communications, media relations, partner marketing, promotional events, and the development of branded documents and physical collateral. We work intimately with all internal departments to ensure that the Verto brand is represented in a consistent manner.
The Marketing Coordinator serves a key role in assisting the marketing team to execute on several different fronts. We are looking for a sophisticated marketing generalist who can contribute to a wide variety of marketing programs. In this role, you will execute various tasks from making updates to the Verto website, creating content for ads, managing Verto swag inventory, building emails. This is an ideal entry-level position for someone wanting to explore their passions in marketing. This position will report to the Director of Marketing.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who can operate at start-up speed and is not afraid to work hard, and with enthusiasm.
- Assist in keeping the Verto website up-to-date and accurate
- Manage Verto Inventory of swag and coordinate with Verto’s graphic designers to develop new items
- Create ad creative and contribute to Verto’s paid advertising efforts and strategy
- Contribute to individual email and text communications to Verto’s various audiences
- Field various internal requests for marketing materials to be developed and execute with Verto’s Content Marketing team, Design team, among others
- Collaborate with internal teams to promote recruitment events such as Virtual Open Houses
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strategic Thinker: You can plot the chess moves a year ahead of time and develop a credible plan to deliver amazing value to our students.
- Influential communicator: You are a thoughtful communicator who can sell ideas, gather resources, and rally stakeholders.
- Strong Executor: You value getting things done and hitting deadlines. You have a track record of delivering under pressure.
- Humble Collaborator: You bring kindness and empathy to your working relationships and put the team’s success before your own.
- Mission-Driven: You deeply believe that education has the power to transform lives and you want to give more young people a chance to thrive.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Ability to work remotely, this is a remote position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or similar field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to provide verbal and written information, with clear instructions as to the processes.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Strong relationship-building background
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Strong computer skills, including Google suite and Microsoft suites, to include Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Ability to work independently