Reporting to the Associate General Counsel & Compliance Officer, the Legal Coordinator is responsible for building efficiencies between HR, Legal, Compliance and Facilities teams, records management, providing administrative support, and assisting with various projects and tasks as needed. This is an ideal position for an enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. A successful candidate will have exceptional Microsoft Office and writing skills, experience with SharePoint, managing email, phones, calendars, and the ability to handle a wide range of special projects.
- Provide general administrative support to office activities and Legal team with any project related deadlines, including general clerical duties such as copying, emailing, mailing, filing, and expense reporting.
- Assist with the support, maintenance, and preparation of reports, files, memos, etc., including the drafting and proofreading of documents with a high degree of accuracy.
- Identify and implement administrative process improvements to contribute to the efficient operation of the Legal department.
- Support to the Legal department on a variety of tasks, including but not limited to performing document comparisons, retrieving and/or filing contracts from archives, audits, creating cover letter templates, formatting documents for finalization, assisting with retrieval of signatures.
- Create, support and maintain well organized central filing system for Legal and associated Compliance and HR records.
- Prepare materials for Legal and cross functional meetings.
- Produce and submit activity reports on Legal activity.
- Conduct research in areas of Legal, Compliance and HR
- Liaise with other internal teams and third parties on behalf of the Legal department.
- Administrative assistance to the General Counsel and CEO.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook. Excel and Powerpoint preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail; excellent archiving, indexing and cross-checking skills
- Willing and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Proven ability to proactively anticipate and identify needs and expectations and integrate into work process
- Team player with meticulous detail orientation, business acumen, excellent organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Must be resourceful and have proven problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow with minimal supervision and also ability to take direction
- Must be highly self-motivated and eager to learn new skills and business software applications
Education and/or Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in an administrative capacity. Experience in a legal environment required.
- Paralegal certification preferred.
- Associate degree in related field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.