What’s an Internal Communications Manager at ezCater?
- A storyteller. A connector. Someone with an eagle eye for opportunities to communicate, and for places where communication is missing.
- Someone with an inventor’s genius for ways to unforgettably – and unmiss-ably – effect that communication.
- We’re choosing to be a remote-hybrid workplace across 17+ states and British Columbia. We’re also choosing to be world-class at that.
- That calls for world-class internal communications – all against the backdrop of ezCater’s culture of radical transparency and astonishing helpfulness.
- We don’t want you to simply take directives and communicate them – we want you to help develop whatever needs to be communicated to the company.
- Not only should you have experience connecting people in many ways, you should have the confidence to challenge all of us and push us to adopt new ways to connect.
What you’ll do:
- Invent, and drive, an internal comms strategy that keeps us informed and connected during rocketship growth. Figure out what we want and need to say, when to say it, and how to say it across internal channels.
- Be constantly and completely plugged in to every part of our operation, building strong relationships in every department, and developing a broad knowledge of what’s happening throughout the company.
- Constantly seek out the most inspiring stories, and create innovative ways to communicate those to the ezCater team.
- Produce superb written internal communications and provide constructive feedback on executive and other internal communications, including emails, Slacks, presentations, video, and speeches.
- Assist in inventing, planning, and executing internal events – and the occasional customer-facing one, too.
What we hope you have:
- 5+ years of communications experience, preferably leading internal communications for companies across multiple locales.
- Proven ability to support business goals with a compelling communications strategy that is rooted in the company’s business, people, and culture.
- Experience working with senior leaders and the confidence to challenge and guide the messages they deliver and the way they deliver them.
- The agility to thrive in a changing environment, juggling competing tasks with exceptional organization.
- Strong empathy: the ability to listen carefully, be sensitive to different audience perspectives and different ways people take in information, and be inclusive in all communications.
Starting Salary Range: $86,000 – $112,000