As a Human Resources Associate II, you will serve the organization through the HR Service Center and provide functional support to all United States HR teams. You will be the first point of contact for employee questions, and will handle sensitive and confidential employee information. Fielding calls and working in the office on occasion will also be part of your responsibilities.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a remote, US-based position.
What will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Act as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understand Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commit to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abide by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Report any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately support responses to incidents if they occur.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking support from the HR Department. Answer a wide breadth of questions received based on experience and knowledge of the department and each functional area.
- Provide general program or project support to the HR functional teams. This may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, tuition assistance requests, bereavement flower orders, anniversary award program, branded clothing allowance, data purge or employee record clean-up projects, etc.
- Coordinate and facilitate all aspects of Compassion’s orientation program, including speaker scheduling, employee badges, schedule coordination, communications, catering, and collection and processing of all required new employee paperwork. Ensure that each new employee is warmly greeted during orientation and has a positive first experience at Compassion.
- Process all employee record changes accurately and in collaboration with Payroll and payroll cycles. Accountable for the accurate entry, processing, and filing of all employee data records and paperwork, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- May provide some general administrative support including but not limited to, scheduling, ordering supplies, answering general inquiries via phone, email, and in person and guiding staff to the information needed.
What do you bring?
- High school diploma
- Two years of experience working in Human Resources or a similar position/field
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills in the midst of ambiguous situations
- Ability to balance multiple projects/streams of work simultaneously
Hiring Range: $18.87 – $23.59
PLEASE NOTE: The hiring range applies to US-based employment and may be higher in certain US geographic locations.