If you are looking for a HR Specialist position. Check out this remote position in Los Angeles County, CA.
AM Trace has an immediate opening for a HR Specialist to support state and local COVID-19 Contact Tracing programs. High call-volume position. No travel required. This position will begin immediately. Candidates must reside within Los Angeles County, California.
Background: The scale and complexity of the COVID-19 outbreak has underscored the need for prompt and effective implementation of evidence-based containment measures. Contact tracing is one of the interventions that has been used to effectively control recent pandemics (Ebola, SARS), and has shown to be effective against COVID-19 mitigation in South Korea, New Zealand and elsewhere.
This critical role will help shape the employee experience for AM Trace from the ground up. You will be supporting the onboarding process, ensuring that new employees have everything they need to succeed in the first 30 days and beyond. You will also provide Tier 1 responses to all manner of HR questions, exercising judgement and discretion and demonstrating prompt and courteous customer service at all times.
Professionals across the country have become passionate about helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Compassion and empathy are key traits needed in candidates who are applying for AM Trace opportunities. Nurses, social workers, and those with a public health background are highly encouraged to apply to join our fast paced, dynamic, and remote workforce.
- Perform all duties to onboard a high volume of new hires, owning the process from the point the verbal offer is accepted.
- Coordinate first day employee instructions and ensure that all legally required paperwork is completed by new hires within established deadlines.
- Initiate and monitor employee background checks in compliance with FCRA and other state laws.
- Provide Tier 1 responses to all types of HR/employee questions, utilizing a generalist body of knowledge and familiarity with AM Trace’s own policies and practices.
- Escalate employee issues to PEO partner as necessary.
- Support team projects and or special programs like performance management, employee training, or open enrollment.
- Provide backup support if needed on payroll (following up on unsubmitted timecards, etc).
- Adjust employee time punches and ensure adherence to timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Assist with recruiting marketing and sourcing efforts as necessary, particularly as we enter new markets.
- 2-4 years demonstrated familiarity with Californa employment law.
- 2-4 years of prior professional work experience in a fast-paced office environment.
- Must demonstrate ownership of projects, excellent research skills, and spirit of continuous improvement.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a special focus on Excel, must have the ability to deal with large data sets.
- Must have customer facing experience, previous HR experience is a bonus.
- Four year college degree required or a similar combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated high level of attention to detail, extremely organized and highly reliable.
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device to use for this job. (A headset is preferred.)