- A Financial Clearance Specialist is a vital member of the healthcare team and is responsible for providing world class customer service to clients.
Financial Clearance Specialist Responsibilities include:
- The Financial Clearance Specialist provides world-class customer service and follows scripted benefit verification format in HIS benefits screen and updates accounts in work flow system with accurate documentation. Selects accurate medical records for patient safety and schedules appropriate procedures based on physician orders
- Financial Clearance Specialist assigns insurance plans accurately, performs electronic eligibility confirmation and documents results, calculates patient cost share/liability and attempts to collect via phone within 48 hours of the date of service.
- The Financial Clearance Specialist utilizes appropriate system to facilitate communication with hospital gatekeepers, utilizes health information system account and collections documentation as appropriate.
Â· Financial Clearance Specialist will receive benefits:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages that reflect our commitment to providing fair and just workplaces.
- Wellness programming designed to help our associates enhance their health, including a comprehensive annual health risk assessment.
- A culture truly participatory and to strengthen diversity and inclusion.
- Growth – once you’ve joined our team, you will discover a variety of traditional and online learning opportunities, including tuition reimbursement, to help you acquire new skills and obtain degrees, certifications and CEUs. And our managers will coach you toward greater success.
- Recognition – we recognize our associates through programs that include service awards, celebrations and personal appreciation. We also survey associates annually to assess their satisfaction with our organization and managers, and to identify areas for improvement.
Financial Clearance Specialist Requirements include:
- High School Diploma Required â€“ Associates Preferred
- 1-2 years of healthcare experience preferred
- Understanding of admission, billing, payments and denials.
- Comprehensive knowledge of patient insurance process for obtaining authorizations and benefits verification.
- Knowledge of medical terminology or CPT or procedure codes.
- Patient Access experience with managed care/insurance and Call Center experience highly preferred.
- Articulate, personable, dependable and confident with excellent communication skills.
- Customer service oriented, builds trust and respect by exceeding customer expectations.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Days/Nights (United States of America)
We’ll also reward your hard work with:Technology Used by Successful Businesses
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more