Amazon is hiring again. This time for Digital Devices and Alexa Support Associate. This is a great company to work from. Check out the position below.
Are you curious about new platforms and technologies and have a desire to deliver world-class customer service? Are you excited by the idea of owning a problem and innovating on behalf of customers? Can you deal with ambiguity and keep up with the pace of a company whose cycles are measured in weeks, not years?
Amazon introduced the first Kindle in 2007 â€” at that time, it offered 90,000 eBooks and sold out 5.5 hours after the announcement. Since then, we have expanded to become the best-selling e-reader family in the world. We have gone beyond Kindle with our powerhouse Fire tablets, built for work and play with our Fire operating system. For streaming media lovers, we have created Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire TV Edition with voice search. Fire TV devices come with access to 500,000 movies, TV shows, and tens of thousands of channels, and apps. In 2014, we introduced Amazon Echo and Alexa, the voice service that powers Echo and other devices so customers can play music, control their smart homes, and get information, news, weather, and more using just their voice. Alexa is now integrated with over 20,000 third party devices from 3,500 brands. Alexa has 50,000 skills and developers in 180 countries. Want to know more, join our team!
The Device, Digital and Alexa support teamâ€™s vision is to create innovative support experiences for customers using Amazonâ€™s next-generation Digital and Device products through intelligent self-service solutions and a world-class Tech Support organization. In line with our vision and customer expectations, our Technical Support Associates (TSAs) are technology experts and foster a culture of innovation and agility to raise the bar for technical support in an evolving environment of interconnected devices and services. If you enjoy sharing your technical knowledge, problem solving, are passionate about new technologies, this is the job for you!
We play a critical role in listening to customers and escalating pain points to enable Amazon to improve and deliver world-class technical support experiences â€“ will you help us?This a virtual position only for candidates living in Costa Rica, the location is from home. Please review the Do’s and Dont’s of the position in this video: http://bit.ly/2M73QYp
Knowledge & Skills Required
Customer Service Skills:
- Dedicated to problem resolution
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Be able to resolve a conflict
- Are patient and helpful
- Able to avoid jargon and explain complex concepts
- Are responsible in any given situation
- Able to collect data accurately to identify solutions
- Able to use multiple tools
- Use situational judgement to determine actions
- Have a detail-oriented working style
- Basic understanding of Device Platforms (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Gaming consoles, Streaming devices) and Digital Services (Videos, Music, Apps, Video Games, streaming content, Cloud Storage) and associated technical terminologies
- Ability to translate technical information / instructions into a simple language that would ensure seamless trouble shooting
- Ability to problem solve
- Awareness of latest trends and developments in the technology industry
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge to new situations
- Be able to use judgement and common sense to answer customer questions
- Demonstrate willingness to share knowledge with team members and customers
- Consistently curious about technology
- Excellent English communication skills (written, comprehension and verbal)
- Ability and willingness to communicate with others
- Ability to demonstrate empathy
- Ability to use effective questions
- Ability to demonstrate active listening
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner
- Good comprehension skills â€“ ability to clearly understand the issues customers present
Over 18+ years old
Minimum qualification is High School Diploma (fifth grade Bachelor’s degree)
In order to work from home it is necessary to have an Internet connection speed of 10mb for download and 2mb for upload (wired connection not Wifi).
Working Hours Flexible working schedule
- Ability to work overtime as required by business – as much as x hours a week, most often occurring in the weeks surrounding the holiday season.
- Flexible with the working schedule; may be expected to work weekends, holidays and events.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance, including the daily schedule as assigned.