Are you tech savvy? K-12 is looking for a Desktop Support Tech. Please check below for the requirements for this position from the K-12 website.
K12 believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
The Desktop Support Tech 1 will identify and analyze technology incidents, and provide solutions to resolve. The Tech will support service desk issues, and assist internal customers with AD account, software and network issues. Responsible for daily service desk operations ensuring on-going support services in a fast-paced operational environment.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Provides PC-related technical support by resolving software issues through expertise in: MS Windows as well as Mac OS platforms; MS Office suite; TCP/IP, VPN, viruses/malware, printers and peripherals, managing system accesses, etc.;
- Escalates out-of-scope or advanced hardware and software issues to Desktop Support Technicians or other support towers and teams;
- Uses remote control software (such as LogMeIn, TeamViewer, or Skype for Business) to troubleshoot computers and resolve issues;
- Resolves IT support issues as part of a Help Desk team, responding to daily operational support issues via service desk tickets, phone calls, and customer walk-ups while escalating as appropriate;
- Advises customers of IT best practices and hardware and software care and maintenance;
- Identifies and escalate complex technical problems;
- Ensures timely communication with customers, co-workers, and management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree AND
- 2 years’ experience in an IT help desk, service desk, or retail IT support setting; OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and conceptual thinking skills
- Superb time management skills
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Browsers)
- Proficient in Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to clear required background check
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.