We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we’re not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Customer Support Team
The Customer Support Team helps our pros provide a great experience to their customers, build customer loyalty and grow their business. We are responsible for managing this customer journey by providing the best solution for each individual – both pro and customer. As the frontline advocates, our Customer Support Team creates customer experiences that are simple, valuable and inspired.
About the Role
As a Customer Support Representative, you bring our Thumbtack mission to life! Through handling inbound calls from our users, you navigate the challenges of account changes, profile updates, billing inquiries, website and app assistance and retention while ensuring a high quality, low effort experience for the caller. Our best customer support representatives are enthusiastic individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on balancing technology and human empathy to build customer trust and loyalty. Conflict resolution and negotiation skills are a must as you actively listen to our callers’ concerns to offer a unique and innovative solution to each problem or complaint that comes your way. You are the voice of Thumbtack on the front lines!
- Partner with our pros and customers by listening to their needs and providing the best solutions – you’re the expert!
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Thumbtack’s products and services
- Participate in 30-40 phone consultations a day with our users to determine the best solution to get jobs done and grow small businesses
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer inquiries with effective problem solving skills while building a relationships with the caller
- Maintain high performance metrics including quality, adherence, efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Continuously look for areas of improvement and communicate trends to the appropriate parties
- Make independent and insightful decisions while keeping the customer and company needs in mind
- Engage with team members through weekly development sessions, training and support interactions that help build each other
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- A mature, self-motivated and detail oriented individual
- A stellar communicator with the ability to build relationships with customers from diverse backgrounds
- A successful track record working in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Customer-centric, allowing you to maintain a high level of customer focus in a variety of complicated situations while equally considering the customer and company needs
- Ability to multitask and adapt to change
- Reliable and dependable in consistently meeting attendance and performance expectations
- 2+ years experience in a customer service driven role
- 2+ years experience in a call center environment
- 1+ years additional education beyond high school
- Bilingual and professional Spanish proficiency
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.