United Health Group is looking for a remote customer service representative. Check out the information about this position below.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing prompt, professional, accurate and courteous service to all inquiries received by telephone or in writing involving all aspects of insurance customer and agent inquiry. The position is also expected to effectively research, resolve, and communicate solutions for any inquiries or escalated issues.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Sunday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during evening business hours between 2:00pm and 11:30pm Monday – Friday and between 7:00am and 8:30pm on weekends. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we’re providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/
- Responsible for taking calls and written communications from both customers and agents on all products serviced and respond in a professional, empathetic, and controlled manner using good judgement and listening skills
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of all systems and processes in order to effectively answer inquiries
- Obtain required information to give appropriate telephone response and/or system updates
- Process policy changes according to insured or agent change requests
- Prepare and forward appropriate requests to other internal areas for needed action and follow up as necessary
- Maintain acceptable levels of performance in productivity, quality and schedule adherence
- Perform other necessary duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma / GED, or Equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of combined education, work and/or volunteer experience.
- You will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s US Telecommuting Policy
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Sales or account management experience
- Customer Service experience