The Patient Responsibility Accounts Receivable Representative resolves patient healthcare accounts by negotiating payment with patients/guarantors while meeting or exceeding performance and quality objectives. This position is responsible for completing daily account-related functions in an efficient and timely manner to accelerate the patient-to-payment process.
- Through both inbound and outbound calls leveraging an auto-dialer, negotiate payment plans with customers by reviewing account history both through the Savista database and, if additional information is required, the client’s portal as well as payment portals to review prior payments.
- Maintain a 96% quality score through superior customer service and accurate documentation of customer encounters.
- Execute appropriate procedures for follow-up on third-party approvals, billing, and collection of overdue accounts.
- Perform routine tasks or repetitious tasks with care and attention
- Answer incoming patient or client call/email requests and handle in a prompt, courteous and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned or requested by Supervisory or Managerial personnel such as acting as back up in other departments.
- Supports Savista’s Compliance Program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and other laws applicable to Savista’s business practices. This includes becoming familiar with Savista’s Code of Ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or Savista’s Helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, HIPAA-compliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least one year of experience in healthcare customer service or a healthcare certification or degree.
- At least six months of experience working in a role with a high volume of either inbound or outbound calls or successful completion of a training course with this content.
- Experience in a role that requires accessing multiple databases simultaneously or managing multiple open screens to gather information to discuss with a customer.
- Experience with customer interactions that require live, accurate documentation of the encounter.
- Demonstrated ability to meet performance objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with a customer and simplifying complex information.
- Experience working with customer support including issue resolution management.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen.
- Must be available to work second shift between the hours of 8:30AM ET and 5PM ET.
- Experience with performance metrics and goals.
- Experience with dual monitoring systems.
- Experience with utilizing a dialer system.
- Experience in a performance-based commission structure.
- Experience reviewing EOBs.
- Experience entering demographic and insurance information.