Employer: Change Healthcare
Overview of Position
The Credentialing Specialist is responsible for processing credentialing and recredentialing applications and/or enrollments of health care providers, responsible for entering, updating, maintaining NPI and any other applicable provider numbers into the system. Reviews applications, prepares verification letters and maintains database. Contacts medical office staff, licensing agencies, and insurance carriers to complete credentialing and recredentialing applications.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
• Must have ability to work with mathematical concepts, health care acronyms, able to differentiate between provider titles, download the providers applications using the Internet.
• Meet productivity standards as outlined in client metrics
• Identify any issues or trends and bring them to the attention of management team
• Work on special projects as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
What are the requirements needed for this position?
•Education / Training: Required: Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
•1-3 years work experience
•Minimum of 1 year credentialing experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
• Good understanding of the credentialing process
• Capable of successfully completing credentialing applications with limited supervision
• Computer literate
• Detail Oriented
• Ability to multi-task
• Work well with others