The Creative Services Manager is responsible to manage all aspects of the project life cycle from concept to delivery of filmed content for broadcast and digital video. This individual has experience moving projects through all internal agency departments and roles, ensuring the proper reviews and approvals at appropriate stages. Oversees the production of an advertising agency’s work.
This position is eligible for remote work. Currently we can hire employees in the following states – California, Connecticut, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
This role may require some travel, and you must be available to be onsite at our Utah office two consecutive days every six months.
- Have a deep understanding of the client’s business, their needs, expectations and requirements
- Lead the projects in determining approach, deliverables, schedule, and tools to deliver the project within established constraints
- Deliver multiple, often concurrent projects: error free, on time and on budget, all while meeting or exceeding creative objectives and expectations
- Work closely with internal team to define project requirements, develop timeline and budget, identify technical considerations, and designate areas of responsibility among team
- Review process for project delivery, from scoping through execution and wrap-up
- Actively manages all day-to- day aspects of production by overseeing project schedules, managing project scope, documenting change requests, facilitating project meetings, reviewing all project deliverables for quality and accuracy, maintaining project documentation and identifying project risk
- Selects and negotiates all outside vendor contracts based on both scope/budget/time line of project and on which vendor is best suited to recreate the creative vision; estimates time allocation of internal interactive team for inclusion in client estimate
- Serves as the client-facing member of the team
- Communicates actively across internal team and clients on all aspects of the production including milestones, deliverables and due dates to keep the production process flowing smoothly
- Develops and maintains active knowledge of and relationships with all types of production companies
- Must be proficient in various administrative aspects, including hiring and overseeing cast and crew, writing and editing content, and maintaining a budget.
- Mastery of the detailed nuts and bolts of production and participate in all aspects of pre, production and post â€“ from budgets and casting to production operations, both studio and field, to final delivery.
- Experience in Producing, supervising or show-running at either a production company or Network.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
- 10+ years in production at an agency, production company, or similar environment
- 3+ years of supervisory or team lead experience required.
- Highly organized and detailed
- Exceptional initiative and follow through
- Intimate knowledge of the abilities and limitations of production of all kinds
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to interact with internal co-workers and external clients and vendors at a variety of levels and across functions
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- After hours work and overnight traveling to installs are required
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
Provides technical support for new initiatives, including broadcasting.
- Stage lighting, Theatrical sets, Stage Management
- Script Writing / IDA Concepts / Script Supervisor
- Color Grading
- Prompter Operator
- Green Screen Artist
- HTML 5
- Photography Fine Arts
- Grip and Gaffer
- Digital Intermediary Technician
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in media & communications, film and electronic arts or liberal arts.
We are Overstock
At Overstock.com, we believe that everyone should â€œBe You!â€. Overstock is a community that upholds a culture of understanding, acceptance, and respect. We believe a person’s individuality is at the core of diversity, and those traits, beliefs, and characteristics should be valued and embraced. Living by this ethos is essential to the success of our business. Our goal is to foster a more diverse environment where every employee visibly demonstrates inclusive behaviors and respect for individuals.
Who We Are:
Just a few minutes from Salt Lake City and Utah’s ski slopes, Overstock is an original resident of â€œSilicon Slopesâ€, one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country. We’re a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer:
- 401k (6% match)
- Flexible Schedules
- Onsite Health Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Overstock Women’s Network (OWN)
- And Moreâ€¦
*Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election