Overview of Position
The Coding Supervisor will provide day to day operational support on coding edits in resulting in staffing re-alignment based on volumes, on-boarding, scheduling, time and attendance, productivity and quality. Assist Coding Managers by providing updates on daily work flow, overseeing client pathways, and reporting needs to ensure TAT, productivity and key performance metrics are met. First escalation point for all coding issues identified by client, coders, and offshore vendors. Initiation of corrective action (forms, delivery, etc.).
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Create, maintain and be primary owner of client pathways for new client implementations and existing clients.
- Responsible for updating accordingly and ensuring all changes are communicated and staff (onshore/offshore) is trained when appropriate.
- Productivity monitoring – running reports weekly to monitor production for all coding employees. This includes all aspects of production monitoring – assessing whether production issues exist at an employee level or at a client level – workflow shadowing.
- Resolve production issues individually via corrective action when appropriate or at a client level by escalating modification of production hourly rate/dedicated staff.
- Manage coders time – PTO approvals to ensure client coverage is met, Kronos time keeper oversight.
- New client implementation support – Assists in the management of new client implementations including vendor certification, new coder hire (recruitment), certification of coders, vendor proficiency, preparation of workflows, pathways, and reporting.
- On-boarding of new employees – hiring, interviewing, provisioning, coding certification (SCC)
- Initiation and oversight from development and full execution of corrective action process
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High School diploma or equivalent. Professional Coding Certification CPC or CCS, CCS-P required.
- 2+ years of production coding experience. 1+ years as a Lead Coder, Coordinator or providing supervision of Coding staff
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be organized and able to multi task. Good communication skills.
- Experience with Excel and MS Office products.
- What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General office duties and conditions