Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum: $20.00
Compensation Maximum: $28.50
Provides support to insureds and agencies, as well as internal and external business partners. Handles each interaction with a genuine desire to connect with the caller while adapting the support to the customer’s needs. Willingly takes ownership of each interaction while advocating for the customer. Continually develops (or evolves) knowledge and skills necessary to provide expected support. Understands and maintains key performance indicators while living our company values. The Customer Service Representative I provide service through various direct/indirect customer contact channels. Representatives are responsible to resolve service issues in an unscripted customer care center environment with a focus on one call resolution. Accepts ownership of the interaction and provides a high caliber of service, assess customer needs and advises on policy coverage and options.
Job Level Summary
- Requires working knowledge and skills developed through formal training or work experience.
- Identifies the problems and all relevant issues in straightforward situations, assesses each using standard procedures, and makes sound decisions.
- Works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision.
- Responds to customer interactions regarding billing, policy coverage, and policy changes. Interactions may occur through various customer contact channels such as phone, email, e-form, chat, and/or social media platforms.
- Accepts ownership of requests and provides thorough service to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Empowered to take risks and make exception decisions. Reviews the situation to ensure decision is appropriate for both the customer and the organization.
- Asks probing questions and actively listens, showing interest and compassion to provide customers with a high-touch customer experience for all interactions and programs.
- Fosters strong relationships with customers to maintain a high level of client retention and product loyalty, educating and advising on current and future insurance needs.
- Communicates with business partners to collaboratively assist and support customers through multiple services and programs.
- Stays abreast and adheres to organization processes and procedures, assisting customers following federal and state regulations.
- Live the OneAmFam culture, collaborate cross-divisionally to achieve a seamless customer experience.
- Assists with peer development through information and knowledge sharing.
- Learn, embrace and apply the LEAN concepts in day to day work, identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations for change
- Actively attends scheduled training class as required, as well as participates in development opportunities to further expand Customer Service skills.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematics (arithmetic, averaging, percentages, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service environment. (This includes face to face service or contact center; retail, insurance, hospitality, etc.).
- Ability to take the lead and guide our customers to resolution.
- Ability to advise and recommend additional insurance products and services.
- Demonstrated experience with PC software applications.
- Ability to conduct basic computer/internet troubleshooting.
- Keyboarding/typing ability at 40 wpm.
- Must meet workspace and internet speed requirements.
- Must meet Virtual/Remote Employee requirements as outlined in the â€œVirtual/Remote Employee Agreementâ€.
- This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Education & Licenses
- Required to pass the state licensing exam for property and casualty producer licenses within 60 days of hire.
- Property and casualty producer licenses for all operating and/or service states must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Must complete required continuing education credits to maintain state property and casualty producer licenses.
- Must maintain property and casualty producer licenses for all operating states and/or service states.
Additional Job Information:
This is a Remote/Work From Home position and is scheduled to start in late January 2022.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Current Property & Casualty Insurance Licenses (*Please note that a personal lines license or adjuster licenses will not meet this requirement.)
- Care Center/High Call Volume Experience
- Insurance Experience
This role provides:
- Base pay, shift differentials, bilingual pay differential and bonus incentives
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance & Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) Matching and Pension Plan
- Career and Development Opportunity, as well as Paid Training
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Time Off â€“ Including volunteer days, maternity/paternity leave
- Remote Work Flexibility
The following internet speeds are required for the role:
- For unshared internet (only business traffic during work hours): 10Mbps down / 2 Mbps up.
- For shared internet (business and personal traffic during work hours): 25 Mbps down / 10Mbps up.
Due to state property and casualty licensing requirements, we are able to consider candidates residing in the following states: AZ, CO, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, MN, MO, ND, NE, NV, OH, OR, SD, UT, WA, WI.