American Specialty Health is searching for exceptional customer service professionals to join our high-volume call center to assist our members by providing exceptional customer service nationwide for our specialty network programs. By responding to customers’ inquiries and providing information regarding all aspects of the members’ association with ASH, this position will play an integral role in supporting our company’s mission to empower individuals to live healthier and longer.
Starting Pay: $15/hr with the potential of $16/hr within the first year, plus merit. Additional bonus opportunities based on performance after 6, 12, and 24 months.
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional, accurate, timely, and courteous manner.
- Ascertain the nature of the call and record information in the Communication Log.
- Look up member information using proprietary ASH systems and provide information to the caller.
- Forward logs requiring further research to the appropriate department.
- Transfer callers to the appropriate queue if the question is of a more complex issue (claims, authorizations, etc).
- Utilize appropriate resources, including those online; to provide timely responses.
- Manage time to ensure calls are answered within required timeframes and appropriate follow-up is done in a timely manner.
- Meet or exceed minimum key job accountabilities established for the Customer Service Representative position.
- Document all calls appropriately.
- Attends weekly staff and other meetings to discuss issues and foster teamwork among department personnel.
- Responds to requests for internal and external customers and/or clients, as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year of experience performing customer service duties; inbound call center experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task, and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations, and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.