This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for billing team, with a focus on PBM billing. Responsibilities include daily billing/creating invoices as well as being responsible for level 2 or above tasks.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Reviews open delivery tickets and prioritize billing activities.
- Creates invoices that are accurately generated and submitted on a timely basis.
- Identifies any trends or billing inaccuracies with investigation and resolution, escalating to Supervisor/Manager when assistance is needed.
- Completes account reviews/correction requests submitted by other departments within established turnaround times.
- Adheres to Regulatory / Payor Guidelines and policies & procedures.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher).
- 2+ years of experience working with medical billing /medical collections, and/or accounts receivables
- Ability to read and interpret payer contracts and billing guidelines
- Home Infusion knowledge
- Knowledge of NDC, ICD-10, and HIPAA
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service