As a Billing Coordinator I you are a key contributor to building customer loyalty which drives positive persistency and supports achieving top and bottom-line growth objectives for Unum. In this role you will support Voluntary Benefits customers with enrollment events and partner with different stakeholders, support ongoing account management activities, and provide valuable problem-solving consultation.
This is a great opportunity for individuals who are looking for a long-term career path. We are open to candidates to candidates in one of our home offices or working full time remote.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist field partners and Implementation Manager with the set up and timeline development for new and reenrolled accounts, including change and deduction needs.
- Initiate a welcome call for cases with customization in order to review iServices and the Administrative Guide with the Plan Administrator and/or Broker.
- Manage on-going enrollment events to include creating of materials; census/application review to ensure adherence to an agreed upon timeline; and communicate coverage information to the Plan Administration, Broker, and/or TPA (Underwriting decisions and deduction information).
On-going Account Management
- Responsible for policy administration and the coordination of activities associated with Group or VB plan, fee related products and services, and all Unum Platforms – with primary focus on most highly complex plan designs.
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to articulate on-going product and process education to the Plan Administrator and/or Broker.
- Product knowledge to include both current and past product portfolio that requires on-going account management and servicing.
- Drive customer satisfaction by managing prioritizing the high volumes of email and phone inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Perform comprehensive audits including, but not limited to, enrollment activity, premium remittance and allocation, compensation validation and policy changes
- Manage and analyze various daily, weekly and monthly financial reports and data (Daily Registers, Suspense Accounts, and Due and Unpaid reports) and take appropriate actions by partnering with the Plan Administrator/Broker/TPA in order to stay compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley, Tefra and Tamra Guidelines
- Provide problem-solving consultation, including product specifications, planning, analysis, schedule analysis, scheduling, identification of resource needs, communication of status and issue resolution to individual policyholder, Plan Administrators, Client Services/Field partners, Implementation Managers and Brokers/TPA’s as appropriate.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively with external customers, field and home office partners (i.e. Client Services, Underwriting, Legal, Prem Acct & Coll, Commissions, Benefits Center, etc.) to ensure financial integrity and quality customer service by timely and accurate implementation of new cases and plan changes OR billing, premium and evidence of insurability processing.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant business experience required.
- 2-4 years industry-related experience in a customer service role.
- Solid interpersonal, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with mainframe processing systems.
- Solid on Excel and other applications.
- Solid research and problem-solving skills.
- Solid organization and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced and continuously-changing environment.
- Solid ability to make sound business decisions, which balance customer satisfaction and financial integrity.
- Strong partnering skills which contribute to building relationships with both internal and external business partners and other service team members.
- Ability to identify process improvements and take initiative to share ideas with others.
- Solid customer service orientation with demonstrated commitment to meet/exceed customer needs.
- Ability to contribute to cost improvement for overall unit.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Solid mathematical aptitude, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Consistently model the highest level of business acumen and professionalism.