Overview of Position
Follow up of outstanding A/R all payers and/or including self pay and/or including resolution of denials for Emergency Medical Services billing. This position is responsible for handling all correspondence related to an insurance or patient account, contacting insurance carriers, patients and other facilities as needed to get maximum payment on accounts and identify issues or changes to achieve client profitability.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Responsible for working EDI transactions and ERA files, including reconciling carrier submissions, edits and rejection reports.
- Ability to research and resolve accounts appearing on Delinquent Insurance Report, Collection Ledger and Government Payor report as directed by management making appropriate decisions on accounts to be worked to maximize reimbursement.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 1+ years of work experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Healthcare/medical industry experience
- Good understanding of the medical A/R process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)