About the role:
The Accounting Support Specialist III is responsible for the processing and invoicing of executed customer contracts in our internal systems. Processing includes reviewing the contracts for accuracy, ensuring the order has integrated into our financial platform correctly, setting up billing and revenue schedules to ensure accurate receivables are posted and revenue earned. It also includes caring for and auditing customer subscriptions in Salesforce and Clarify product records to ensure customers are provisioned for what they purchase and are set up for correct renewals going forward.
In addition to processing, an Accounting Support Specialist will also be cross trained to perform various rotating monthly duties where he/she will monitor and respond to various requests from internal departments, contract adjustment approvals, and operations requests queues.
There are multiple levels of career progression on this team as you move along in expertise and skill set. Senior and leadership roles are involved in project work, system enhancement and migration project work and testing, customer acquisition & migration project work, and enhanced reporting and revenue assurance activities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Process and invoice all types of contracts for new and existing clients in Workday (Software, Training, Services, Subscriptions, Bundles, Migrations)
- Perform all monthly rotating duties with training and assistance: SFDC Approvals which includes auditing Salesforce quote lines in relation to subscriptions and Workday order lines, ensuring accuracy, making corrections as needed, and adding notes to be leveraged by processor on the back end. Two different Salesforce Operations requests queues, one helping Sales Reps pre-sale, the other helping Customer Finance Representatives and Support, Sales Support, & Renewals. Other rotating duties could include email queues, project work, credit requests, and research requests from the accounting revenue team.
- Provide excellent customer service to our internal customers (Sales, Sales Support, Customer Finance, etc.) while mainlining positive and effective communication.
- Process all Contracts/Invoices in accordance with all key SOX and audit controls
- Taking initiative during the training process and beyond to learn the basis of our processes and procedures. Challenge yourself to move onto more complex contracts and revenue activities.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required; Finance/Accounting concentration preferred.
- Salesforce &/or Workday experience preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience from college internships or business-related work
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Proven ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work overtime to accommodate month end processing
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is a remote-first company which embraces a flexible remote work culture. Blackbaud supports hiring and career development for all roles from the location you are in today!