Myriad Women’s Health is hiring a Patient Advocate for our Inbound team. The Patient Advocate team within Myriad Women’s Health Commercial Operations organization is integral to Myriad Women’s success as every, individual client communication and interaction matters.
The Patient Advocate will be on the front lines and will act as the face of the organization for our customers including physicians, clinics, medical staff, and patients. We handle a variety of complex inbound and outbound inquiries to assist and empathize with our customers, some who may be experiencing stress. We work to resolve and preempt customer issues to ensure a positive customer experience.
Myriad Women’s Health Patient Advocate team provides a differentiated customer experience because we hire amazing people to join this team. Our Patient Advocates are highly skilled, motivated people who are driven by human interactions and solving problems. We also invest in helping our team members forge meaningful and exciting career paths — whether it means they learn and grow within the Patient Advocate team or prepare to pursue opportunities with other teams within Myriad Women’s Health.
- Communicate with up to 50 patients and healthcare providers each day through phone calls, emails, and live chat
- Handle a variety of inquiry categories including questions about our products and services, the intricate world of insurance billing, and work with our laboratory to ensure the timely delivery of test results
- Respond promptly to all customer inquiries while following standard operating procedures and professionally handling access to HIPAA information
- Be the hub across all departments: work with the engineering, billing operations, and lab teams on prompt handling of orders and billing processes
- Identify issues and trends and collaborate with your team and leadership to develop best practices to ensure we are providing the best service and experience to all customers
- Participate in projects that extend beyond your day to day to stretch you to think outside the box or explore new aspects of Myriad Women’s Health or our customers’ experience
- 1-3+ years of customer service experience, preferably in healthcare/ biotechnology
- Experience using customer service applications, such as Service Cloud and Salesforce
- BA/BS Preferred but not required
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Google Apps and Mac OS X
- Excellent organizational and task management skills and professional judgment
- Enjoys problem solving and identifying patterns
- Hardworking individual who loves working on a team and supporting others
- This is a 100% remote role
Minimum Speed/Bandwidth Requirements
· 50 Mbps (MegaBits Per Second) – download (or Down)
· 5 Mbps – upload (or Up)
Physical and Mental Job Requirements
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets.