Accompany Health is on a mission to give low-income patients with complex needs the dignified, high-quality care they deserve but rarely receive. A primary, behavioral, and social care provider, Accompany Health walks alongside patients for their entire care journey, offering at-home and virtual care, as well as 24/7 support. Partnering with innovative payors, Accompany Health is powered by remarkable care teams, elegant technology, and a commitment to evidence-based practice.
We build long-term relationships with our patients so they know, without question, that our team is here for them day or night, year after year. We focus on the health outcomes most important to our patients to make it clear that they lead the way.
To achieve our mission, we collaborate with community-based organizations, local providers, and health plans. Led by our empathetic care teams, guided by proven care models, and powered by our own technology, we deliver a level of service that our communities rightfully deserve but rarely receive.
While our headquarters is in Bethesda, MD, our teams are distributed across the country. If you’re eager to make a tangible difference in people’s lives, to help correct long-standing disparities in health care, join us.
About the role:
The Virtual Outreach Specialist (VOS) has a passion to work with seniors and other dual-eligible patients, as well as their families. He/She will be the first point of contact for those community members to learn about Accompany Health.
The VOS will spend most of their time on the phone with the end-goal of scheduling a patient’s Initial Visit with our care team. They will master the art of building relationships on the phone, listening carefully, and caring for each senior as they would care for a loved one. The Virtual Outreach Specialist will be a trusted advisor for each potential patient interacting with us.
The VOS must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, answering inbound calls, making outbound calls, and utilizing our systems to manage leads and track progress.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engage dual-eligible patients through telephonic and SMS communication to schedule their Initial Visit with Accompany Health
- Monitor and answer all inbound calls from patients interested in learning more about our program
- Maintain a strong understanding of the features and benefits of our services, so that you can clearly articulate the information to our patients
- Attend and participate in training and coaching sessions to continuously improve our engagement scripts and techniques
- Follow up with patients to reschedule missed Initial Visits
- Provide a fantastic experience for all patients interacting with our program regardless of the outcome of the call/conversation
- Utilize our home-grown CRM system to track leads, manage appointments, update patient information, track call notes, and create follow-up tasks
What makes you a fit for the team:
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are accustomed to having a sales target, and you understand the need to go beyond and above to reach our engagement goals.
- You are excited to work in a startup environment where processes and procedures will constantly evolve as we grow.
- You are open-minded and willing to have a growth mindset, with the willingness to give and receive feedback.
Desired skills and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or higher
- 2+ years of related experience in a sales, direct marketing or customer service capacity
- Ability to quickly build trust and rapport with seniors and other patients
- Ability to work after hours and weekends if needed
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Direct-to-consumer sales or patient engagement at a health plan, medical facility or another healthcare setting
- Knowledge of Medicaid and/or Medicare programs and senior services
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred