Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
The Research Specialist will assist investigators in the review of loan applications and related documentation and conduct research utilizing a variety of publicly available resources to verify and supplement information provided. The Research Specialist must be able to conduct open source research and summarize findings in a well-organized, accurate, succinct and cohesive manner supported with documentation of the information presented. The project is expected to run 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
- Complete trainings to enhance existing knowledge of applicable fraud schemes, indicators and red flags, risks, investigation processes and reporting requirements;
- Review loan files to assess compliance with specific criteria;
- Perform database and open source research to identify items of potential concern on individuals and/or corporate subjects;
- Verify the accuracy of credentials by contacting outside agencies and cross-referencing information; and
- Provide on-going qualitative feedback to investigators and project management.
- Undergraduate degree;
- English language proficiency;
- One year or more experience conducting research in public records databases, such as LexisNexis and/or CLEAR, and reviewing associated reports;
- Experience searching and analyzing public records (e.g. Secretary of State registries);
- Knowledge of professional licensing databases;
- Experience conducting adverse media research;
- Strong entity resolution skills;
- Ability to concisely summarize large volumes of information in a timely manner;
- Familiarity with MS Office and other office automation applications;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Creative problem-solving ability and a collaborative mindset;
- Ability to learn internal operating systems and procedures;
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- The ability to quickly learn new skills and subject matter;
- The ability to apply newly acquired skills using logic and reasoning to public records and financial data;
- The ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize tasks;
- A highly motivated, driven, and dynamic attitude towards work and career;
- The ability to excel within a team environment and independently; and
- Willingness to work a 50-hour week.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- United States Citizenship is required by contract
- The salary for this position is $60,000
- Due to our contractual requirements and an Executive Order from the White House, every federal government employee and onsite federal contractor will be asked to attest to their vaccination status. In the interest of health and safety during the continued unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, anyone who does not attest to being fully vaccinated will be required to follow CDC guidelines which may include (subject to specific contractual requirements): wearing a mask on the job no matter their geographic location, physically distancing from all other employees and visitors, complying to any screening testing requirements. This requirement will apply to Guidehouse employees who work onsite for the federal government.
- Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program