Amex GBT is a place where colleagues find inspiration in travel as a force for good and – through their work – can make an impact on our industry. We’re here to help our colleagues achieve success and offer an inclusive and collaborative culture where your voice is valued.
Ready to explore a career path? Start your journey.
The Team Coach at GBT is accountable for leading a team of Travel Consultants and handling overall performance, mentoring individual Travel Consultants and guiding the team to build outstanding business travel experiences for customers. The role holder is responsible for supporting the team and Travel Consultants to meet or exceed key service metrics, revenue targets and performance indicators. They are also accountable for client relationships and customer and employee experience.
Other key responsibilities include operationalizing Business Travel Client policies and supporting clients’ service needs.
The role will have approx. 25-35 direct report Travel Consultants as standard and report to a Service Leader. The team size may vary depending on which customers and platforms the Team Coach is supporting. The role’s focus is split 75% on mentor and performance evaluation, and 25% on commercial relationships.
• Act as the People Leader for all Travel Consultants in the team
• Complete Compas (Service Metric Tracking system) Journals in line with the Coaching cycle.
• Mentoring – provide regular, detailed coaching and feedback to team members, ensuring all are meeting or exceeding performance targets. • Monitor (calls, e-mails, chats etc.), review and mentor on Compas and other KPI metrics at the individual and team level
• Investigate service and quality errors, provide mentorship and feedback
• Make decisions on performance ratings and compensation that are aligned with GBT standards
• Lead underperformance on a timely basis, engaging the employee when developing Performance Improvement Plans and formal warnings, working in partnership with HR as applicable
• Facilitate ongoing account specific onboarding/training for new team hires after the initial centralized Traveler Care training program is complete
• Represent Traveler Care for all new implementations within the team
• Participate in meetings with commercial client management partners when required. Partner with SPL to resolve when attendance is vital to ensure the majority of time is spent mentor and leading the operation. Provide commercial partners with operational information that they may need for their customer facing conversations.
• Research and resolve with commercial partners on client service blocking issues, assist with strategy, messaging to the team and commercial peers as vital.
• Analyze and act on CSAT performance, identify actions and communicate results
• Document and update the TC desktop systems and tools with client policy changes
• Keep the team advised on changes to Client travel policies
• Engage with Commercial internal partners and clients to deliver outstanding traveler care, ensure client performance goals are achieved, and handle and deliver strong traveler and arranger experience.
• Work with leadership to ensure client program is delivering high quality, efficient and effective servicing results, including:
•Have a network or enterprise minded view
•SME Leaders support multiple accounts and service platforms.
• Be flexible with schedule to meet business needs
• Share information, achievements and issues with other Team Coaches
• Supervise errors (CSI/Debit Memos) in internal systems such as ‘Travel Force’ to confirm closure and return to service level expectations
• Work in collaboration with the Team Operations role to achieve client service level consistency per the contract and ensure client expectations are met or exceeded
• Call listening as the need arises, to ensure employees are adhering to minimum service and compliance standards and to validate any disputes or service issues
Skills and experience
• People Leadership
• Passion for mentoring with excellent questioning and listening skills
• Solution orientation, coaching employees to find their own solutions
• Relationship building and management
• Customer services focus
• Focus on customer and data driven decision-making
• Travel Management Company tools & systems, Global Distribution Systems, and more
• Experience working in a client first environment
• Experienced in meeting and achieving financial metrics and service targets
• High volume, rapidly changing and demanding service environment
• Business Travel or Travel Services desirable but not crucial
• Sabre and/or Apollo experience preferred
•Case e-mail (Salesforce) experience a plus
•Proven track record to work in a high pressure multiple account environment. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
•Consistent record of strong relationship building and networking outside of the immediate team
LocationUnited States – Virtual Location
The US national annual base salary range for this position is from $45,000 to $83,000. The national range provided includes the base salary that GBT expects to pay for the role. Actual base salary will be based on factors including the scope and complexity of the role and the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills, knowledge, and work location.
In addition to base salary, this role is eligible for an annual Performance Based Incentive, which rewards participants based on company performance. For information about our comprehensive US benefits programs and eligibility, please review our Benefits-at-a-Glance document.
The #TeamGBT Experience
Work and life: Find your happy medium at Amex GBT.
- Flexible benefits are tailored to each country and start the day you do. These include health and welfare insurance plans, retirement programs, parental leave, adoption assistance, and more.
- Travel perks: get a choice of deals each week from major travel providers on everything from flights to hotels to cruises and car rentals.
- Develop the skills you want when the time is right for you, with global tuition assistance, access to over 20,000 courses on our learning platform, leadership courses, and new job openings available to internal candidates first.
- We strive to champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in every aspect of our business at GBT. You can connect with colleagues through our global Inclusion Groups, centered around common identities or initiatives, to discuss challenges, obstacles, achievements, and drive company awareness and action.
- Wellbeing resources to support mental and emotional health for you and your immediate family.
- And much more!