As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
At the American Red Cross, your uniqueness can shine!
We are currently seeking a We are currently seeking a Full-Time –Telesales Specialist, RSG. This is a remote position, and you will need to be available to work in the Eastern Standard Time Zone
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Reporting to a Supervisor, RSG Telesales, the Telesales Specialist, RSG is responsible for selling customer registrations in Red Cross community training classes primarily to individuals, but also to small businesses or large businesses who have less than eight employees to train (B2C Sales). The position is also responsible for selling retail training products and supplies from the Red Cross Store to consumer and business customers.
The Business to Consumer Telesales Specialist uses highly specialized sales skills to understand customer needs to sell the most appropriate course and product to the customer.
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE GOOD (Key Responsibilities):
- Handle inbound calls for customers who are interested in taking Red Cross community training courses or purchasing Red Cross Store products and supplies.
- Act as consultant to uncover customer training and Red Cross retail product needs
- Recommend and sell Red Cross training classes and Red Cross Store retail products based on customer needs
- Handle credit card transactions and place training and retail product orders through Sales systems
- Accurately document and update all cases with required call information in Salesforce
- Upsell Red Cross Store retail products that complement class enrollment
- Handle customer returns, exchanges or cancellations of Red Cross Store product orders following established policies and guidelines
- Answer customer questions and address concerns about classes or products
- Responsible for attaining Training revenue of $190K per year and Retail revenue of $90K per year.
• Standard Schedule: The call center is open from 8:30am-9:00pm EST Monday-Friday
• Pay Information: The salary range for this position is $15.50-$16.00 an hour
Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the work is performed. The stated salary range in this posting is an average. The specific salary information will be shared at the time of phone screening based upon your location and qualifications.
You will be eligible to participate in an incentive plan based on annual individual and organization performance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED :
Education: High school diploma/GED certificate – higher education a plus.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of Call Center experience, in a B2C sales. Knowledge of and experience in applying sales techniques.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven consumer sales skills; product sales experience a plus
- Ability to quickly assess customer needs or issues and examine relevant information for a solution
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate computer skills and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office programs and Salesforce.com or similar client relationship management applications.
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills and work habits (Reliable and punctual)
- Skilled in time management and multi-tasking
- Ability to work in fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong sales and people skills (good listener and empathetic).
- Customer service, sales and/or influencing others
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU THE COMPETITIVE EDGE: Experience sales and working in a call center environment
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
• Medical, Dental Vision plans
• Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
• PTO + Holidays
• 401K with 4% match
• Paid Family Leave
• Employee Assistance
• Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
• Service Awards and recognition