You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
This is an opportunity that’s all about where you’ve been. Your experience. Your potential. Your skills. Because on the team at UnitedHealth Group, your potential and your impact can be career changing. No company has put together better teams of passionate, energetic and all out brilliant Claims Representatives. This is where you come in. We’ll look for your experience and expertise to help keep our service levels and accuracy extremely high. We’ll also look for your ideas on how to constantly evolve our claims processes. We’ll back you with the great training, support and opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 10 company leader.
We offer 3 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00am â€“ 4:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Assist with escalated claims to resolve complex issues for team members and internal customers
- Support implementation of updates to the current procedures and assist with new system training/mentoring
- Review guidelines as well as benefit plan documents and certificates to ensure proper benefits have been applied to each claim
- Analyze and identify trends and provides reports as necessary
This is a challenging role that takes an ability to thoroughly review, analyze and research complex health care claims in order to identify discrepancies, verify pricing, confirm prior authorizations and process them for payment. You’ll need to be comfortable navigating across various computer systems to locate critical information. Attention to detail is critical to ensure accuracy which will ensure timely processing of the member’s claim.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience providing customer service to policyholders, employers, internal and external customers
- Experience with Microsoft Word (basic microsoft word skills to write letters) and Microsoft Excel (ability to create spreadsheets, basic formulas needed to create reporting)
- 2+ years of experience analyzing and problem-solving issues in a customer service setting
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Microsoft Access and Microsoft Visio experience (create, edit, format, manipulate data)
- 1+ years of Claims processing experience