Amex GBT is a place where colleagues find inspiration in travel as a force for good and – through their work – can make an impact on our industry. We’re here to help our colleagues achieve success and offer an inclusive and collaborative culture where your voice is valued.
Ready to explore a career path? Start your journey.
Our Specialized Travel Consultants work in a high-touch service environment to book travel and accommodations for some of our top clients at Amex GBT. Working from the comfort of your own home, you’ll collaborate with your team to provide creative and timely travel solutions and an outstanding travel service experience.
If you’re curious, collaborative, and enjoy working in an environment that prioritizes quality of interactions over quantity of calls, this may be the perfect role for you!
What You’ll Do on a Typical Day
- Advise and arrange travel for corporate business customers (both individuals and groups)
- Arrange and book domestic and international business travel, in a variety of complexity, for air, road, rail, and accommodations
- Use various Global Distribution Systems (GDSs), including Sabre, Apollo, Amadeus, and/or Galileo. Training may be provided
- Communicate effectively with customers over the telephone, messaging (chat), e-mail, and/or back office systems
- Act as a trusted advisor by using travel expertise to proactively provide advice and selling additional services to clients to meet their needs while adhering to their company’s travel policy
- Work individually and as a team to meet business and account-specific goals, which may include customer satisfaction, call adherence and service metrics
We look forward to sharing more detailed job functions and key performance indicators during the interview process.
What We’re Looking For
- Previous experience in travel (preferably business travel) and understanding of fares and ticketing rules for car, air, and hotel
- Passion for excellence in client service, including proactive anticipation of needs
- Native GDS expertise (Sabre, Apollo, Amadeus and/or Galileo)
- Professional communication (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Act with integrity, and look after personal traveler information
- Possess a strong understanding of the travel industry (background in business travel, leisure travel, or airline reservation)
- Resolving customer issues quickly and independently
- Teamwork and openness to feedback
Our Traveler Care unit is a 24/7 operation. We have specific colleagues dedicated to the night shift, however, please be flexible and prepared to work afternoon shifts (12-8pm) and weekends.
LocationUnited States – Virtual Location
The US national hourly wage range for this position is from $20.00 to $35.00 per hour. The national range provided includes the hourly rate that GBT expects to pay for the role. Actual hourly wage rate will be based on factors including the scope and complexity of the role and the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills, knowledge, and work location.
This role is eligible for an annual Performance Based Incentive, which rewards participants based on company performance. For information about our comprehensive US benefits programs and eligibility, please review our Benefits-at-a-Glance document.
The #TeamGBT Experience
Work and life: Find your happy medium at Amex GBT.
- Flexible benefits are tailored to each country and start the day you do. These include health and welfare insurance plans, retirement programs, parental leave, adoption assistance, and more.
- Travel perks: get a choice of deals each week from major travel providers on everything from flights to hotels to cruises and car rentals.
- Develop the skills you want when the time is right for you, with global tuition assistance, access to over 20,000 courses on our learning platform, leadership courses, and new job openings available to internal candidates first.
- We strive to champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in every aspect of our business at GBT. You can connect with colleagues through our global Inclusion Groups, centered around common identities or initiatives, to discuss challenges, obstacles, achievements, and drive company awareness and action.
- Wellbeing resources to support mental and emotional health for you and your immediate family.
- And much more!
American Express Global Business (Amex GBT) is the world’s leading B2B travel platform, providing software and services to manage travel, expenses, meetings & events for companies of all sizes.