Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Social Support plays an impactful role in keeping Mailchimp’s public voice and tone uniquely human, setting us apart from other Social Support teams. Our team also works closely with the Social Media Marketing team to present a united front on the various social platforms that our Customers frequent.
Our Social Specialists are the public voice of Mailchimp, and we are looking to grow our team. You will be responsible for monitoring our various social channels to answer questions and offer help to both Customers and general question askers. You possess a wide range of app knowledge and have the ability to clearly (and thoroughly) explain options, workflows, and features to new users and seasoned pros alike. We understand every tweet or Facebook post can be viewed by literally anyone in the world, so accuracy, tone, and attention to detail are of the utmost importance. You are well-versed in the Voice and Tone needed to talk with our most important and intelligent customers. You help set the tone for how our entire Pro Team speaks to our high-touch Customers. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do here:
- You’ll provide timely, well-written & succinct responses to the questions and concerns of Mailchimp customers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram primarily but also YouTube and LinkedIn.
- You’ll alert customers of known issues & outages using our main Twitter and Facebook accounts and manage the communication between departments (Tech Advisors, Engineers, Communications, etc) in those critical situations.
- You’ll follow up with Managers, Tech Advisors, Support Communications team and other teams when Support related issues arise on our Social platforms.
- You’ll connect with the Compliance team to investigate and help resolve any compliance/abuse-related issues.
- You’ll keep an eye on trends, track sentiment and collect general feedback about the Mailchimp application & work with development, marketing, and UX teams to address issues when necessary.
- You’ll connect directly with Marketing to identify influencers on social platforms and craft how our interactions with them are handled.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- You have 1 year+ experience in Mailchimp Product Support.
- You have the ability to thrive in a self-starter and collaborative environment.
- You are passionate, empathetic problem solver driven to exceed expectations.
- You have a proven track record of excellent written communication.
- You have the ability to work daytime 6am-3pm.
Bonus Points if you have:
- You have experience using Hootsuite, Sysomos, or Conversocial.
- You are contributing to or managing online communities or forums.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $54,000 to $65,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.