Employer: Zoom Video Communications
Zoom is looking to fill the position of a Senior Payroll Manager who can effectively work in a high social energy and rapidly expanding work environment. The successful candidate will manage a high performing team and be responsible for performing various tasks related to Payroll. This role reports to the Global Head of Payroll.
- Manage, coach & develop a high-performance team.
- Provide guidance and oversee the day-to-day activities. Operate as the subject matter expert of the team and escalation point to resolve issues.
- Review responsibility for all US, Canadian and PEO related payrolls.
- Manage payroll to ensures accurate, timely processing of payroll and employees in compliance with Company’s policies and with federal, state, and local tax regulations.
- Manage statutory tax withholding requirements and ensure that all payroll taxes are calculated and paid on time. Review all payroll reporting and provide accurate and timely filing with appropriate government authorities.
- Maintain a complete understanding of all federal/state wage and hour laws related to payroll including garnishments, benefits, leave of absence, 401k, FSA and taxes.
- Establish procedures and ensure that all financial accounting and controls related to payroll are best in class and implemented by the team.
- Payroll SOX compliance and liaison with external auditors where applicable.
- Partner and collaborate with other Zoom teams (Payroll systems, HR, stock, legal, tax) to ensure focus on continuous process improvement.
- Manage and audit W-2s and yearly administration of payroll in preparation of the following calendar year
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field is preferred
- Minimum 7+ years of payroll experience at a high-growth tech company and 3+ years of managerial experiences highly desirable
- Experience with payroll system implementation
- Experience running payroll for ~6,000 employees in different U.S. States
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Knowledge of Workday, Oracle Financials, and Excel highly preferred
- Attention to detail
- Results oriented: Candidate should be able to collaborate with different individuals across the organization, and “roll-up the sleeves” in order to accomplish all necessary tasks.
- Accountability: Candidate should be a team player who leads by example, holds self-accountable