*This is a fully remote / work from home Homeowner Desk Adjuster position. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of Homeowner Estimating experience, along with previous field estimating experience, and reside in the Chicago or Indiana state.
*We provide all necessary work from home equipment, and provide an $80/month internet stipend. We also provide comprehensive benefits including Pension, 401(k) with 4% match, and an incredible work/life balance*
Responsible for investigating and confirming the facts of loss for the most complex Homeowner’s Claims. Determines coverage, damages and otherwise adjusts and negotiates claims within limit of authority. Responsible for creating a comprehensive estimate of damages for the most complex first party homeowner claims leading to the proper disposition. This role is utilized as peer mentor and may assign direction to more junior employees, having mastered our processes and obtained technical expertise.
- Exhibits mastery estimating fundamentals in order to create estimates of damages on the most complex 1st party homeowner losses of all severities
- Applies mastered content in interpretations of all policy types written by the company and assists leadership in formal and ad hoc training
- Negotiates settlements, makes settlement payments and documents all activities in the most complex of files
- Interprets regulatory compliance and fair claims practices
- Builds mastered relationships with both internal and external customers
- Recommends process improvements
Preferred Qualifications:Technology Used by Successful Businesses
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to obtain and maintain adjuster licenses as required
Functional SkillsTechnology Used by Successful Businesses
- Possess full command of estimatics software, Xactimate and comparable tools
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate electronic devices including computers, cameras and cell phones
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in time management, organization, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adhere to project deadlines and remain flexible in a changing environment
National General prides itself on offering our employees a robust Total Rewards package which includes base salary. The base range offered for the role is: $61,500 – $87,000 and may vary based on internal equity, and job-related skills, knowledge and experience; among other factors. Other financial components may be added as part of the competitive compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
National General Holdings Corp., a member of the Allstate family of companies, is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.