Employer: UnitedHealth Group
As a Senior Collection Representative, you will work with your team members to help identify and resolve issues and serve as a resource for day-to-day operations. Your primary role will be to contact and consult with patients and/or their families who have outstanding medical bills. While ensuring that payment is received for these bills is important, you will also need to provide assistance and support to these individuals as they may be dealing with a medical or financial crisis.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:30pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Serve as a resource or Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other team members or internal customers to help identify and resolve issues
- Handle escalated and complex customer issues, helping to provide resolution and settlement of account
- Contacts customers through a variety of methods (e-mail, form letters and phone calls) to discuss, negotiate payment and resolve outstanding medical bill accounts and balances
- Obtains agreement, after discussion with customer, on potential balance payoff and/or payment terms within stated level of authority and guideline limits
- Performs research and documents on various computer systems customer information regarding current status, payment expectations, notes of conversations and other relevant information
- Prepares and submits reports to internal management on status of outstanding medical bills and proposed/planned payment settlement details
- May in some instances transfer settlement of account and related information to external collection agencies and remains in contact with them regarding further payment activity.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR 3+ years of equivalent working experience
- 1+ years of Customer Service Representative (CSR) experience OR 1+ years of experience in an office setting, call center setting or phone support role using the telephone and computer consistently
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (use basic formula, create/modify spreadsheets, update pivot tables)
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules Monday through Friday; 8:00am – 5:30pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in Accounting or a related field
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to think analytically
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and handle large volumes of transaction