Employer: UnitedHealth Group
- Careers with Optum. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone.
- Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential.
- For you, that means working on an elite team. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.
- Positions in this function prepare and maintain records of amounts owed and ensures prompt payment of invoices.
- Processes and verifies invoice coding, preparation of vouchers, and issuances of checks for payments.
- Reviews documents for accuracy and compliance with organization policy and regulatory guidelines including proper authorization, documentation, general ledger coding, correct amounts, proper remittance, and sales tax.
- May include responsibility for vendor and provider payments, as well as employee reimbursements.
- You’ll enjoy the flexibility to either work in office or remote nationwide* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Validates proper authorization of payment requests
- Processes payment requests in a timely and accurate manner
- Resolves payment process issues
- Identify and communicate systems needs and enhancements
- Ensures compliance with applicable AP and Expense policies
- Ensures compliance with applicable internal and external policies, procedures, and regulations (e.g., UHG expense policies, tax authorities, regulatory agencies, and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations)
- Ensures compliance with applicable control requirements
- Leverages tools, resources, and available information to detect potential fraud and takes appropriate action
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years related accounting experience (Equivalent combination of education, experience and applicable military experience will be considered)
- Knowledge of accounting and accounts payable procedures and practices
- Proficient computer skills, including accounting database experience
- Ability to handle corporate documents confidentially
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven data entry and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail and the ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Ability to complete some work without established procedures or review by others (supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks)