This is a remote work from home position.
You will be responsible for determining covered failures by reviewing vehicle service agreements, determining the need for inspection, interpreting policy coverage, and researching all facts, for multiple product lines; including but not limited to automobiles, recreational vehicles, and power sports. This position requires direct interaction with customers and repair facilities with occasional contact directly with the client.
- Starting pay for this position is $20.00-$23.00 per hour depending on experience
- Candidates must be able to work any shift between the hours of Monday-Friday 6am-9pm Central Time and Saturday 7am-7pm Central Time – Saturdays are required
- Automotive knowledge required. Please see the job requirements below
What makes us different?
- We have various work schedules and pay shift differentials for night and weekend hours worked.
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement available after 6 months, up to $5000/annually
- Competitive paid time off, including holidays
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Responds to and resolves issues encountered by clients and customers in a timely and positive manner. This involves mostly inbound calls, but may also include outbound calls, email, fax, and chat.
- Ensures that all customer/client requests are responded to in a timely manner, and meaningful solutions are proposed and implemented.
- Adjust and document all claims within departmental standards and in accordance to applicable laws and policy provisions to ensure compliance with all Department of Insurance Regulations
- Process claims with accuracy to confirm coverage by reviewing all available tools including contract and web-based applications to resolve complex issues and refer any issues as necessary to senior level adjusters or supervisor
- Adjudicate claims with accuracy, by working directly with the repair facility, inspection and parts vendors and multiple other resources to ensure proper claims adjudication within departmental standards
- Document reasons for denial or authorization of claim in accordance with policy conditions and quoting policy language to the correct parties in a timely manner within authority level and seek approval when above authority
- Note: This position does not involve cold calling/outbound calls related to solicitations, contract upgrades or sales of any kind
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or GED
- Automotive experience. Some examples would be but are not limited to: Official automotive training through a college or other training program, experience as a Service Advisor or Technician, working in a Parts department or as a Lube Technician.
- 2 years of customer service and automotive experience (ex. technician; service writer; parts specialist etc.)
- 2 years of experience using computers with multiple windows and applications
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, proactively recognize process improvement opportunities and be able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Ability to process time-sensitive data and information from multiple sources, including data from mainframe systems, makes decisions based on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to a broad audience
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to generate ideas or resolve problems
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with team members, management, customers, counselors, and other employees of the organization
- Assurant provides a paid comprehensive training program to equip you with the tools and knowledge to meet our customers’ needs. As a condition of employment, you must attend all the required training to achieve an optimal learning experience and qualify for this role.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and under deadlines
- Ability to present a professional image
- Ability to establish courses of action to ensure efficient completion of work
- Ability to think creatively and make decisions based on incomplete information
- Proficiency of computer navigation and Microsoft Office 2003 or later versions & Microsoft Windows XP or later versions
- Prior experience in a work from home position
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus: the ability to speak, read and write the Spanish language fluently
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
This is a Full-time job. Assurant’s hours of operation are Monday – Friday 6 am – 9 pm CST and Saturday 7 am – 7 pm CST. Work schedules are generally set for several months at a time but are subject to change based on business needs and we have periodic shift bids that help determine your work schedule. Interested candidates must have a reasonable degree of schedule availability and flexibility to work varying schedules throughout the year. Shifts for this job are typically 8 hours per day and can range anywhere between 6am to 9pm CST.
While working remotely, you are required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 25 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 15 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.