Employer: Guild Mortgage Company
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Property Damage Support Specialist I plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of tasks related to the company’s Insurance functions. The role is responsible for providing timely processing of damage claim funds. The Property Damage Support Specialist I will work with our borrowers and various 3rd party vendors to monitor and ensure our security is fully repaired and brought back to its prior damaged condition.
- Maintain a portfolio of loans that sustained damage due to natural disasters or various circumstances.
- Collect and evaluate required documentation in order to monitor repairs of damaged homes.
- Verify all repairs identified by Insurance Carrier are repaired timely.
- Disburse damage claim funds to borrowers and contractors in accordance with investor requirements.
- Submit disbursement worksheet with disbursement recommendations to Supervisor for approval.
- Order property inspections to ensure repairs are being completed correctly and timely.
- Document all activity throughout process in working file, department spreadsheet and servicing system.
- Maintain contact with borrower throughout repairs to ensure funds are disbursed and inspections are ordered in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate patience, empathy and professionalism when interacting with borrowers and 3rd party vendors via phone, email or letters.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with applicable regulatory standards, guidelines, and rules established by the company, investors, state and federal regulatory authorities, and local ordinances.
- Follow Guild’s information security policies.
- Respond to consumer calls, written correspondence, and emails in accordance with investor guidelines.
- Respond to escalated customer service inquiries.
- Share information and make recommendations to improve overall department performance and service levels, customer service initiatives, etc.
- Provide accurate and complete information to resolve issues, and follow up on any outstanding issues or commitments promptly and when promised.
- Communicate effectively with individuals/teams to ensure high quality and timely response and resolution to customers’ requests.
- Stay current on changes in industry regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college courses/technical training in Accounting or related field preferred, along with two or more years of total work experience in back office financial services positions, preferably in insurance processing required.
- Proficiency with basic internet searches, data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Basic math and accounting skills required.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment required.
- Additional work experience in loan servicing/customer service positions preferred.
- General knowledge of overall mortgage lending processes and documents required by conventional and government mortgage loans, terminology, and applicable compliance and regulatory requirements related to insurance.
- General knowledge of the types of hazard insurance.
- Demonstrate patience and professionalism when interacting with consumers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Familiarity with document retention software; BlitzDocs preferred.
- 10-key by touch strongly preferred.