You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
Sustaining The Hartford’s unique workplace culture is vital to delivering on our purpose – underwriting human achievement – and continuously producing outstanding results. Our enterprise work model, which reflects a mix of in-office, hybrid and fully remote roles, helps us attract, retain and develop the talent we need to achieve the company’s strategic goals. This role can be performed in either a hybrid or remote work arrangement.
At The Hartford, we respect our employees for their unique perspectives, ideas and solutions. We empower individuals and teams to invent faster, smarter ways of meeting customers’ needs while improving our performance. Character and customer value are just as vital to our reputation as financial performance which leads to behaviors that put the customer at the center of everything we do.
This position will be accountable for successfully investigating, reserving, assigning and settling first party property losses while delivering superior customer service.
The ideal candidate will operate in the full file model and handle all claims virtually by selecting the proper estimating resource to adjudicate the claim.
This position will ensure quality standards are met with vendors utilized to adjudicate the claim.
Claim File Management
- Handle claim files in a manner consistent with Claim quality standards and goals.
- Consistently provide high-quality customer service
- Meet or exceed expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Properly assess the exposure of assigned claims.
- Utilize organization and communication skills to effectively resolve assignments, manage claim deadlines, and appropriately manage vendors.
- Develop technical and jurisdictional expertise, including knowledge of independent adjusters, contractors, vendors, etc.
- Set appropriate and timely file reserves.
- Identify and properly manage subrogation, salvage and other recovery opportunities.
- Identify fraud indicators and initiate investigation.
- Negotiate skillfully in challenging situations with internal and external groups.
- Always demonstrate professionalism and establish credibility when interacting with customers; personally enhance The Hartford’s reputation in the marketplace.
Business Acumen and Technical Expertise
- Demonstrate knowledge of LOB specific competencies to ensure effective management of claims.
- Utilize verbal and numerical critical thinking skills to gather information and data; make sound decisions based upon the mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear succinct manner (written and verbal).
Teamwork and Team Building
- Support and help create a team environment that achieves diversity and inclusion behaviors.
- Build appropriate rapport and constructive and effective relationships with people inside and outside the organization.
- Represent The Hartford as a credible, trustworthy, flexible and dependable resource.
- Demonstrate courtesy, honesty, integrity, respect and competence when interacting with others.
- Consistently act with the highest level of integrity and adhere to general principles of business ethics.
- College Degree or Equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience, applicable insurance knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to contribute and promote an inclusive culture of continuous learning that is built on teamwork, collaboration, transparency, and accountability to one another.
- Passionate desire to help both internal and external customers.
- Ability to embrace change and flourish with industry-changing technology and trends.
- Critical thinking skills inclusive of investigation, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Ability to create and maintain loyal customers by creating a service experience that differentiates us within the industry.
- Ability to listen attentively to our customer’s needs and exhibit empathy during difficult situations.
- Ability to produce clear and grammatically accurate correspondence.
- Ability to handle competing priorities while positively impacting the quality and service we are committed to delivering.
- You will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course.
- You must obtain and maintain a State Adjuster’s License to process Property & Casualty Insurance Claims in the states supported by your office. You will be required to successfully pass the Licensing exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the licensing training.
- This position has a start date of January 8, 2024
- Training will likely include travel to the Chicago area (Naperville, IL) for an in-person learning lab from March 25, 2024 through April 5, 2024.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:$50,000 – $75,000