Employer: The Hartford
United States – Remote
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
At The Hartford, we respect our employees for their unique perspectives, ideas and solutions. We empower individuals and teams to invent faster, smarter ways of meeting customer needs while improving our performance. Character and customer value are just as vital to our reputation as financial performance which leads to behaviors that put the customer at the center of everything we do.
This position will be accountable for successfully investigating, reserving, assigning and settling first party property losses while delivering superior customer service. The ideal candidate will operate in the full file model and handle all claims virtually by selecting the proper estimating resource to adjudicate the claim, ensuring all claim handling meets quality and compliance standards.
Manage Claim Files:
- Handle assigned claims in a manner consistent with corporate claim policies and procedures, and statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements and business unit goals.
- Properly assess the exposure of assigned claims; set appropriate and timely reserves.
- Manage all aspects of assigned claims, which includes initial claim contact, reserve and execute accurate and timely payments, investigate coverage and recovery opportunities, manage file to timely resolution, and complete all data integrity components.
- Utilize organization and communication skills to effectively resolve assignments, manage claim deadlines, and appropriately manage vendors.
- Develop technical and jurisdictional expertise, including knowledge of independent adjusters, contractors, vendors, etc.
Provide Exceptional Customer Service:
- Maintain dedication to meeting or exceeding expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect. Demonstrate diplomacy and tact to effectively avoid or diffuse high-tension situations.
- Treat all customers with respect and careful attention.
- Clearly explain technical information that is helpful to customers.
- Negotiate skillfully in challenging situations with internal and external groups.
- Always demonstrate professionalism and establish credibility when interacting with customers; personally enhance The Hartford’s reputation in the marketplace.
Utilize Business Acumen and Technical Expertise:
- Demonstrate knowledge of all relevant terminology to ensure accurate management of the claim.
- Utilize verbal and numerical critical thinking skills to gather information and data; make sound decisions based upon the mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, succinct manner.
- Ability to utilize computer technology to efficiently perform job functions.
Foster Teamwork and Inclusion:
- Support and help create a team environment where individual differences are valued.
- Demonstrate courtesy, honesty, integrity, respect and competence when interacting with others.
- Build appropriate rapport and constructive and effective relationships with people inside and outside the organization.
- Represent The Hartford as a credible, trustworthy, flexible and dependable resource.
- Consistently act with the highest level of integrity and adhere to general principles of business ethics.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 1 year property claim handling experience, including Xactimate estimating experience; 3 years preferred
- Demonstrated high level of performance in current or past roles
- Xactimate Certification is a plus
- Proficient in preparing and evaluating structural damage estimates in Xactimate on moderate complexity personal property losses.
- Proficient in moderate complexity personal property coverage analysis.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills inclusive of investigation, decision making and conflict resolution, with attention to detail.
- Ability to negotiate for resolution.
- Ability to coach and mentor peers.
- Effective time-management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to create and maintain loyal customers through your actions.
- Ability to demonstrate active listening skills and exhibit empathy during difficult situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately – both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to adapt to change and to learn and utilize multiple systems to manage claims
- Computer literacy and strong keyboard skills.
What else can you tell me?
- You will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and, upon completion, obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. You will be required to successfully pass the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of New Hire Training. You should have no conflicts during training.
- You must obtain and maintain a State Adjuster’s License to process Property & Casualty Insurance Claims in the states supported by your department. You will be required to successfully pass the Licensing exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the licensing training.
- This is a 100% remote, work from home opportunity.
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law.