Employer: McGraw-Hill Education
Impact the Moment
At McGraw Hill, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes for all learners. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success. As a Project Manager, you’ll drive project management growth and excellence that enables McGraw Hill Higher Education to become premier provider of higher education solutions and services. This is a remote position and can be based anywhere within the United States.
How can you make an impact?
The Project Manager will increase customer value by providing the customer with a seamless interface across McGraw Hill Higher Education. This person will be responsible for project delivery by driving commitments to completion on time, budget and quality. With that comes the unique opportunity to impact millions of lives across the country and experience first-hand the difference your hard work makes to college students.
What you will be doing:
- Establish comprehensive product delivery plan including business case development, product scope, integrated schedule with dependencies mapped, budget management, forecasting, and quality management plan.
- Lead project team(s) through all project phases and processes and hold team accountable for end-to-end project implementation.
- Own and manage communication plan by ensuring proper communication and status reporting with customers and stakeholders.
- Create and report project status and updates using Higher Education tools and processes.
- Facilitate all relevant team and governance meetings, track actions and follow up.
- Work with functional resource leads to obtain specific resources once project is approved.
- Identify, document and fully manage risks and issues, create mitigation plans for high-impact risks and issues.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Project Manager, Agile experience is a plus.
- Previous experience working in consulting or in the educational technology industry with knowledge of software development and adoption a plus.
- Demonstrated experience planning and managing concurrent projects with cross functional resources.
- Analytical and strategic mindset.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills at all levels.
- PMI certification (PMP, PMI-ACP) desired.
- Familiarity with business analytics, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics, process and mapping.
As an education innovation company, we’re proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we’ll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.