Employer: Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts is a leading accredited provider of online and campus-based culinary training and education. The school’s professional programs offer the proven combination of a classic and contemporary approach to modern industry skills training as well as a sustainability-centered and business-focused curriculum. Professional programs in Culinary Arts and Pastry Arts are available online and at ground campuses in Austin, Texas, and Boulder, Colorado. Escoffier also offers enthusiast training online and on ground. If you’re looking for a dynamic, fast-paced growth opportunity, we’d like to hear from you.
The Placement Coordinator is responsible for ensuring graduate employment documentation and process is completed according to the timelines of the Career Services Department. The coordinator will be responsible for tracking and documenting all placements according to policies and processes of Escoffier and all stakeholders. They will be responsible for adhering to all state, federal, and accreditors guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain regular contact with employers of students and graduates to develop relationships that assist in the verification of employment.
- Process all documentation in the student/graduate file according to all guidelines established and timelines provided.
- Ensure student and graduate employment information is maintained up to date in the official student database system according to the deadlines and standards established.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is collected to support reported graduate employment or waiver statuses for accreditation.
- Ensure regular use of official student database systems to report student/ graduate contact activity, employer contact activity, job opportunities, externship opportunities, and employment.
- Upload regulatory career services documents into the official student database system.
- Assist in the collection of graduate surveys, employer surveys, and employment verifications.
- Assist in the coordination of Career Services events.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of experience in career services or related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Communication Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Time-Management Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Coachability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement
- Ethics: Has personal and professional ethics and fosters a diverse and respectful workplace.
- Ability to interface with staff and external relationships in a professional manner, including a demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Ability to think creatively and provide solutions with available resources.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology requirements.
- Provide excellent customer service and attention to accurate record keeping.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.), Google apps, CVue.
- This position requires the flexibility of working some evenings and weekends.
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business equipment. Siting for long periods of time; up to 8 hours of computer and/or phone work daily.
Majority of work is performed in a general office environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are require of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.