Employer: Fishtown Analytics
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the most respected brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies.
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open-source software
- Analytic code itself—not just analytics tools—will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Over the course of the past several years, we’ve built a community of 15,000+ people and 5,000 companies who are using our ideas, products, and workflows to conduct analytics, including Lyft, Monzo, GitLab, Snowflake, the ACLU, Amazon, JetBlue, and RentTheRunway. Our product, dbt, has come to be synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Sequoia Capital, recently raising our series C: read the announcement here!
Our team is going to, more than, double in 2022 and, as we onboard 200+ people and focus on building programs to enhance our people experience, we are looking for a People Ops Coordinator to partner with the team and help execute these programs.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Partner closely with people team colleagues to ensure seamless, uniform, and positive candidate, onboarding, and ongoing employee experience.
- Coordinate key people processes across the company, including employee onboarding, benefits & perks, training, and quarterly performance reviews
- Manage the onboarding process for new employees including new hire paperwork, I-9 compliance, system set up, etc.
- Update employee data in HRIS (ADP)
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook and contribute to the development of policies
- Complete and respond to employment verification requests
- Assist with the development of and provide reporting on people data
- Assist team with employee learning/culture events
You are a good fit if you:
- Demonstrated interest in people operations, HR, or talent acquisition preferably in the professional setting
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Extraordinary attention to detail, you find the things others miss
- Time management experience and experience working independently with minimum supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience executing programs and events in a timely and effective manner
- Collaborative and able to create excellent working relationships
You’ll have an edge if:
- Prior experience in an HR, recruiting coordinator, event coordinator, or project management role.
- Prior experience in a remote-first organization.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $65,000 – $80,000
- Equity Stake
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, office, and cell/internet stipends, and paid parental leave
What to expect in the hiring process:
- Phone conversation with the hiring manager, our Director of People Operations
- Written interview
- Panel interview with members of the people business partner and people experience teams.
- Final interview with Tristan Handy, our CEO