Deltek is actively seeking a passionate, dedicated, and driven Tax Specialist to support our team. This position will support clients of our ComputerEase product (www.computerease.com), and will work with a dynamic and energetic team in order to help resolve and support client Tax issues and efforts. The candidate will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in assigned areas of tax, and will be responsible for the following:
- Reconciling client taxes for assigned client base and make corrections as needed.
- Preparing and filing amended returns.
- Resolving tax jurisdictions correspondences.
- Prior quarter balancing of liability to payments for new implemented clients.
- Processing daily tax work for active and lost clients.
- Building and maintain positive relationships with tax authorities.
- Resolving client questions expediently with a high level of service and communicate with them regarding tax activity, prior quarter balancing issues, amended returns and tax jurisdiction correspondences.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of tax issues for federal and local taxing authorities.
- Reconciling and processing electronic return/w-2 files for monthly, quarterly and annual filings
- Daily, at quarter end and year end, providing appropriate status reporting to leadership on status of key tasks relating to quarter end.
- Following up on issues to assure tax issues have been resolved and client or Client Support communication / update has occurred.
- Identifying and documenting problems and trends and recommend solutions to eliminate the same problem in the future.
- Proven expertise with Federal, State and Local taxes.
- 2 or more years of experience with payroll tax.
- Proven strong customer service and relationship building skills required.
- Ability to interface with multiple departments, multi-task, think on your feet and work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organization and follow up skills.
- Willing and able to adapt to a changing work environment.