Salient CGRT is looking for someone who is looking for an experienced payroll specialist. If you have the qualifications and skills to perform this position please check below to see the requirements for this position.
Salient CRGT has an opening for an experienced Payroll Specialist to join our Corporate Payroll team. Our Payroll team handles complex federal contracting standards, expatriates, and other special pay situations for US based employees around the world. In this role, you will be responsible to ensure that all employees receive on-time paychecks and serve as a trusted partner on a team of payroll specialists to achieve timely and accurate results.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Process multi-state payroll for nearly 2,000 employees.
• Comply and adhere to multiple payroll policies and procedures.
• Evaluate, develop recommendations, document processes, and implement approved changes in the processing of payroll.Technology Used by Successful Businesses
• Communicate issues and participates in problem resolution/escalation processes.
• Calculate, compile and complete accurate and timely transfer of pay information and adjustments for payroll processing.
• Serve as point of escalation to assist employees, and other internal stakeholders with questions, concerns, comments in a timely manner.Technology Used by Successful Businesses
• Serve as subject matter expert on multiple payroll topics.
• Review, coordinate and submit timely manual check requests including sensitive matters such as termination cases.
• Payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations; responding to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies; and researching laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures.
• Establish and maintain SUI rates in system, and register new SUI accounts when required and verify SUI rates by work location.
• Calculate and set up garnishments, levies, and family court orders as needed.
• Assist with special projects and audits as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business and/or Accounting, or commensurate experience in lieu of degree
- At least 8 years of relevant experience, with at least 4 years of payroll experience
- Payroll tax experience
- Proficiency with Deltek CostPoint and Time & Expense
- Prefer proficiency with UltiPro (Ultimate) software
- Prefer willingness/ability to work in Fairfax, Virginia headquarters, but will consider fully remote candidates. Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.